Mandate of the Bank
- To formulate and implement sound monetary policy to achieve financial stability.
- To regulate and supervise the financial sector to the end of achieving a sound and efficient financial system.
- To issue and redeem currency (notes & coins), which is legal tender in Swaziland.
- To hold and manage foreign exchange reserves of the country.
- To act as a banker, adviser and agent to the Swaziland Government on monetary and financial matters.
- To facilitate the development and operation of an efficient national payment system.
- To act as lender of last resort to financial institutions and facilitate the development of domestic financial markets.
- To conduct research on monetary, financial and economic matters to support monetary policy formulation.
- To strengthen stakeholder relationships.
Central Bank of Swaziland
Mbabane, Swaziland (H100)
Tel: [+268] 2408 2000
Fax: [+268] 2404 0063