The Eswatini Economic Policy Analysis and Research Centre (ESEPARC,) the Central Bank of Eswatini (CBE) and the University of Eswatini (UNESWA) successfully held the second Eswatini Economic Conference in October 23 – 25, 2019. Themed, “Knowledge, Innovation, and Development in Eswatini: Current and Future Prospects,” the conference provided a platform to discuss and begin to materialise the knowledge economy Eswatini can become.
The conference provided a number of plenary sessions on various themes. These featured presentations and discussions by policymakers, the Eswatini private sector, prominent local and regional academics and opinion leaders, and development partner representatives. Breakout sessions were used for more in-depth discussions and technical analyses of prominent topics related to the thematic focus of the Conference.
1. Knowledge generation and management for structural transformation.
2. The role of new technologies in strengthening productive capacities.
3. Building a competitive industrial base.
4. Human capital development and building capacities for the new economy in Eswatini.
5. Structural and macroeconomic reforms to boost competitiveness and growth.
6. Financial innovation and macroeconomic stability.
The Eswatini Economic Policy Analysis and Research Centre (ESEPARC,) together with the Central bank of Eswatini (CBE) and the University of Eswatini (UNESWA) held the first ever Eswatini Economic Conference (EEC) under the theme “Economic Recovery and Sustainable Growth in Eswatini,” in 2017.