Monthly Statistical Release Highlights (May / June 2021)July 30, 2021
CBE Ombudsman is here for youAugust 10, 2021
- Inflation forecasts have been revised upwards for 2021 and remain unchanged for the medium term.
- While the second quarter of 2021 came out lower than previously forecasted, inflation is expected to grow slightly faster in the remaining quarters of the year.
- Driving the outlook, domestically, administered prices continue to exert minimal pressure on the overall inflation.
- However, external factors linked in part to the effects of COVID-19 continue to exert upward pressures on domestic inflation.
- Despite an expected upward pressure on overall inflation, the effects are expected mainly in the short-term.
Read full report https://www.centralbank.org.sz/inflation-forecasts-and…/