Relevant and performance driven
We pursue our mandate with innovation, excellence, speed and agility to deliver value to stakeholders in our ecosystem.
We take ownership and responsibility for all actions and decisions, and we always respond in a transparent manner.
We are guided by honesty, ethics, uprightness, and objectivity; which means that we consistently do the right thing.
We appreciate every individual's worth and we conduct ourselves in a way that assures dignity for all.
We give and receive feedback from our stakeholders, and our communication is at all times transparent, timely, and effective.
- To formulate and implement sound monetary policy to achieve financial stability.
- To regulate and supervise the banking sector to the end of achieving a sound and efficient financial system.
- To issue and redeem currency (notes & coins), which is legal tender in Eswatini.
- To hold and manage foreign exchange reserves of the country.
- To act as a banker, adviser and agent to the Eswatini Government on monetary and financial matters.
- To facilitate the development and operation of an efficient national payment system.
- To act as lender of last resort to financial institutions and facilitate the development of domestic financial markets.
- To conduct research on monetary, financial and economic matters to support monetary policy formulation.
- To strengthen stakeholder relationships.